Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-28-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New to this with some questions.

Hi y'all. I am new to this forum and have just a couple questions. I recently bought a duncan coral with a single polyp and placed him in my tank. I spot feed him once a day a my sis shrimp or two. But in an hour or so he seems to have a gooey thing protruding from his mouth. And then my cleaner shrimp will go and start pulling it out and it seems as if he throws up the music. Is he actually done digesting it that fast?

Also, I went to a different fish store a couple days ago and the guy sold me a rose tip anemone and told me they were "reef safe" and wouldn't sting any of my coral. I thought it was bs but I took his word. Then I got home with the anemone and did my research and i couldn't find anything about that being true. Does anyone know anything or has heard something about bta not being stingers?

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Old 01-28-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Feeding this coral every day is too much. Once a week if you like, but you don't need to feed it at all.

All anemones sting what they touch.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #3

They're in a 14g biocube. I try to do a 10% water change every week. If not every two weeks. The reason I feed him every day is because I've read on other post that they grow a lot faster by feeding them often.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee426 View Post
They're in a 14g biocube. I try to do a 10% water change every week. If not every two weeks. The reason I feed him every day is because I've read on other post that they grow a lot faster by feeding them often.
over feeding can kill them too. if you must feed them feed once, maybe twice a week
Old 01-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #5

Alright thanks so much.

Tags
question, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com