Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice lobster! Would he be hard to find in our 66?? Also, what do you guys know about the foxface lo? I know it is reef safe with caution, but is it 50/50?

You have to have lots of LR for them to hide in. They wont stay out in the open and only come out at night when the lights go out. As far as the foxface they are herbivores. I have never had any problems with them when I had some years ago. They need plenty of vegetable matter to eat.

Oh ok cool. I heard the foxface is poisonus? True? We are still perfecting the stock :)

Okay so am i the only one in danger? I am ok if im the one that needs to be careful, but i dont want my fish to be harmed! :) are they coral nippers? Eat inverts? Lol

I hear it's kinda like a beesting. I have heard that about lionfish as well, although thankfully I have never had incidents with either. That said, I have also heard that if you are allergic to beestings, you are likely to have a similar (dangerous) reaction to the foxface and the lionfish. If you are allergic I would strongly recommend the big thick Coralife gloves when you are working in the tank.

Ok thats not bad at all! How would other fish react to being stung? Is it deadly to them?

Also, are they coral and invert safe?

If the fish were to get stung, especially for a lion, not sure about the foxface but they usually die. Good luck ?

severum mama said:
I hear it's kinda like a beesting. I have heard that about lionfish as well, although thankfully I have never had incidents with either. That said, I have also heard that if you are allergic to beestings, you are likely to have a similar (dangerous) reaction to the foxface and the lionfish. If you are allergic I would strongly recommend the big thick Coralife gloves when you are working in the tank.

Idk about a fox face stung but a lionfish will HUUUURRRRTT!!!! Like 5x more painful than a bee. Definitely not an experience you'll want to face lol so hope that the foxface venom is less painful lol

Lol i do too! Are all foxface fish venomus? On live aquaria it says that the one spot foxface is poisonus but it doesnt say the same thing about the foxface lo. Sorry guys i have never researched these fish before so i have alot of questions. I wont get it if it could kill one of my other fish... But if it will live peacefully in a community it would probably be my centerpiece fish!

1 occerellis clownfish
1 dragonette (added in a very long time)
1 Orange stripe prawn goby
1 Fairy wrasse
1 Flame angel
1 chalk bass
1 midas blenny
1 FoxFace Lo
1 Schooling bannerfish

As it stands. Too much is on the list but i cant decide what to cut out!!

How do you guys feel about the angel? Do you think we should get a bicolor or a flame? :)

Wow, I have missed a lot since I haven't been on in a while! Congrats on your new tank, I will be following the build! I like the white one, it looks really nice! (y)

Thanks bro! This tank will be pretty cool! How do you feel about the stock list?? Any suggestions for the angel? :)

redsea said:
Wow, I have missed a lot since I haven't been on in a while! Congrats on your new tank, I will be following the build! I like the white one, it looks really nice! (y)

Thanks man;)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Thanks bro! This tank will be pretty cool! How do you feel about the stock list?? Any suggestions for the angel? :)

Just took a look at the list! I think the Midas Blenny is a great choice, I love them. I will probably end up picking one up someday for one of my tanks. Did you know that in the wild they school with schools of Anthias for protection? I would love to see that in person!

As for the Bannerfish.....aren't they not reef safe?

Angel: Hmmm, always a difficult decision. I love their colors and how active they are, but I don't know if I would trust them in a reef tank. If it were me I probably wouldn't take the risk. :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha they are :)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+25+3111&pcatid=3111

And yes the angel will be a very hard decision... We are hoping we get a reef safe one because we have heard of many cases where it works great! I think we might try it... :)

How do you feel about the foxface? We love them!

If it were me I wouldn't get a Foxface. The fact that they are Venomous definitely make me NOT want to buy them. For me it just is not worth risking my life.

Oh really??? They are hardly toxic at all, ots like a bee sting.. Are you allergic? I have talked to people who say that they dont sting other fish, and if i got stung i wouldnt care too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom