Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My LFS is setting up the 135 gal version. If you are just starting this is the way I would go. The price tag is not that bad considering the amount you will eventually pay for upgrading as you get more into the hobby

mdaniel2882 said:
My LFS is setting up the 135 gal version. If you are just starting this is the way I would go. The price tag is not that bad considering the amount you will eventually pay for upgrading as you get more into the hobby

Not too new, but thanks!

Leighton79 said:
Word of warning.... The skimmer is poor,mine got swapped out within a month.

Really? Ive heard differently! Do you have the same tank?

Alright thanks, we will test it out and see! How did you replace the skimmer? Did it fit in the bak compartment?

Oh ok we are not very picky so thats alright. Haha how do you feel about the rest of the tank? Any thing you really like or dislike?

Just the skimmer really, I removed the media and just run a pouch of GAC and phosphate remover in the back. The glass is really nice and clear for viewing and I like the rounded corners. The lights are very good and illuminate the whole setup nicely!

Oh nice! Haha do you like the moonlights too? I REALLY like how clean the power cords are. One of the most simple things that tank has, but its one of my favorite things about it. Do the two powerheads provide a good amount of flow?

Also, how do you feel about a chiller? Do you run one? Does the tank overheat for you? Maybe in socal it might

I don't need a chiller, I live in England so it's chilly enough, -5 outside currently. The flow wasn't bad, but I added a mp10 to add some sideways movement.

Alright we wont add a chiller. Thanks for the advice! We heard that they arent needed on the tank unless its very hot, the fans do a good enough job IMO. :) leighton, what fish did you put in yours?

I have a pair of clowns, yellow watchman, copperband butterfly and a fox face lo in there, everybody gets along just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom