Ok....some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cured or uncured rock for setting up my tank....is that your question?
I am confused when you don't quote. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

oh lolz tc.
what do you mean cured or uncured? cured or uncured for what?

holy crap. that was the most confusing set of posts I have ever seen. :ROFLMAO: I ususally doesn't mater if the rock is cured or uncured as far as cost. your pay for quality. tongan rock cured or uncured will almost always cost more than fugi rock. you p

Cured LR is lr that has been in an Aquarium setting long enough to allow the decaying matter on the rock to be consumed by Bacteria. This curing time makes the LR more expensive do to the labor and time involved. It will take a shorter time to cycle your tank if you have enough cured LR.
Uncured is LR right from the Ocean, boxed and sent either directly to you or to your LSF. You do the curing in your tank. Using Uncured LR takes longer for the Nitrogen cycle to be completed but usually cost allot less.

...It ususally doesn't mater if the rock is cured or uncured as far as cost. ...

Try again.

Cured is more expensive. (Assuming you're comparing the same type of rock.) If you're finding cured and uncured at the same price, most likely the "cured" isn't really cured.

Try again.

Cured is more expensive. (Assuming you're comparing the same type of rock.) If you're finding cured and uncured at the same price, most likely the "cured" isn't really cured.

nope just comparing types I just got some tongan (sp) and now I want to get rid of all my fugi. the tongan is more expensive but WOW

Back
Top Bottom