pH crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My alk is also stable at 12 dkh, my cal is low around 380, my pH is 8.2. I been dosing cal daily to get it to 400.

Anyway to raise it to 430ish and lower dkh to 8 or 10?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My alk is also stable at 12 dkh, my cal is low around 380, my pH is 8.2. I been dosing cal daily to get it to 400.

Anyway to raise it to 430ish and lower dkh to 8 or 10?

IMO the kh will go down naturally over time so I wouldn't do anything.
For the calcium if you can't get it up enough or it just doesn't hold you should check your magnesium level as it is needed to be at proper level to support/hold CA.

You can lower your ALK by using Muriatic Acid. Dosing slowly, as in, dosing in MLS, as this will lower your PH also, but the PH will bounce back. But as CB explained, your ALK will come down on its own in a bit of time, as SW tanks use this up. 12dKH is not a bad number, its the top of wehre it should be, but not over by any means.

I don't want anybody to think that I inferred a dKh of 12 is too high. I was simply saying that the higher the Alk the more stable the pH will be.

Fortunately a nice high Alk is better than a high pH. Or more simply a 12 dKh and 7.6pH is probably better than an 7 dKh and 8.2pH.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No, not entirely, the range basically for ALK is 7-12dKH. So and ALK of 7 and a PH of 8.2 is perfectly ok.

I tested my tank again lastnite, alk is down to 11 and cal is at 400, thanks guys

Well, just by leaving the lid off, I have managed to raise pH to 7.8 - 8. Must be the gas exchange as advised. Cheers.

Sent from my XT1021 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom