Possiably a 55gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys! Just wanted some thoughts.

I may be acquiring a 55 tank with stand and all equipment that I think was set up for fresh water but my heart is set on a reef tank with corals and colorful fish. This will be a working progress as I'll get the tank and store if in my garage till I: a. Have the room for it and b. have the money to built it correctly or buy it piece by piece. I just ordered two books I saw people suggesting for new saltwater aquarists on here and im waiting on those to arrive. I just was curious if the 55 is a good start or would I need something bigger? I also found a 110 gallon saltwater setup on CL for 250.

I really would love that but I definitely don't have the room for that right now. But id still just out it in the garage. Tell me what you think. Just starting out looking and getting ideas. Thanks!

The 55 gallon will come from my boyfriends coworker who told him she just wants to get rid of it and everything is included. Again I believe it's a fresh water setup? How much should I offer her for it? He's gonna see what she's asking for it tmw.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/for/2822275795.html

If its fresh 55 is give her a dollar a gallon .. and 55 is a great size for the beginner...biggers always better in sw

That 110 does not come with rock fish or a pump while 250 a good price there's nicer deals on cl then thst

bskerrichard27 said:
That 110 does not come with rock fish or a pump while 250 a good price there's nicer deals on cl then thst

Ok so I'll see how good a deal I can get on the 55 and then keep looking on CL to see what else I can find

EriksFish315 said:
There's always good deals on cl just have to be patient sometimes.

Yep! I found one today a 125 with stand for 200 I just don't love the stand so I'm not sure.

If it is just for the tank that would be to much in my area. A 75 gallon is nearly the same foot print as a 55 and would be easier to scape, if room is a problem. It really depends on the area and what you will have to pay for a used tank. Is there any local forums you can check with?

joy13 said:
If it is just for the tank that would be to much in my area. A 75 gallon is nearly the same foot print as a 55 and would be easier to scape, if room is a problem. It really depends on the area and what you will have to pay for a used tank. Is there any local forums you can check with?

Not much really. I've been check CL but that seems to be a cheap price. I've found good tanks already set up but right now I don't have the room for it. It's not really that space is to much of a problem it's just that other people have all their stuff in the space so I gotta convince them to share.

Back
Top Bottom