redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well besides the standard:
Ammo
Nitrite
Nitrate
Ph
Phos
You should also check for:
Ca
KH/Alk
And maybe:
Mag
Iodide
But these last two seem to stay pretty steady with regular water changes. IMO
I just got a Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro test kit, for Ca, KH, and Mag. Don't know if F&S carries it, but good kit!

I cut my BRS netting today, it isn't a stupendous job, but I am fine with it. :) I also emptied my skimmer cup.

I can't wait for the Gobies to come. They even have names already. Pasha and Tasha the Yasha Gobies. :) I need to get a name for the Red Banded Shrimp now. I hope they make a burrow where I can view them, if not, I guess it will just be a nice treat when I see one of them.

I do have a concern. I put my sand in and THEN my rocks, do you guys think I should try to wiggle some of the rocks further into the sand?

When Tuesday comes I will do my best to post pictures of my new additions.

Oh wait, one more question. Do you guys think I should place my Acans in the sand or on a rock?

Thanks all.

I would dig those rocks down as far as you can to the bottom of the glass and double check that everything is stable. :)

I keep my acans on the sandbed. :)

cant; wait to see the new guys! Sometime today! woot!

Okay, busy afternoon, LOL. The order came in with no dead-on-arrivals, yay! Both the Yasha Gobies are in (Pasha and Tasha). The female should be a little larger than the male, right? One is larger than the other. My Pistol Shrimp is tiny. Once I got him in the tank he went into a rock. :) All three of the specimens have yet to meet up since the last time I checked on them. When I fed the tank I believe I saw both Gobies eat. :-D

I do have the Acans on a rock currently, is that alright? Or do they only thrive on the sand?

Pictures to come tomorrow, sorry to keep you waiting.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the interest.

I have my Acan, about mid-tank on my rockwork, and it looks just fine, nicely expanded every day. It's been there for probably at least 5 months, under a lot of T5.
Congrats on the new stuff!! I'm jealous...only new stuff I've got in months is salt, test kit, and 2-part....Whoooppeee!! :)
Best of luck with them Red.

So I go down to check on the tank this morning and I found my two Yasha Gobies on top of my netting. However, some of the netting was in the water a little bit. The larger one was sitting in the netting under the water, and the smaller one was kind of a bit out of the water. I moved the net a litttle bit and the little one darted back down to the tank through a hole. I caught the larger one with a net after some flapping about. I hope neither are hurt. When I checked on them a few minutes ago I thought I noticed a bump by the smaller ones eye. The larger one looks fine to me. the smaller one is kind of nudged into a rock while the larger one is on the other side of the tank sitting in the sand with his top fin up.

My guess is that they swam through the holes in the netting because it was in the water. I have since gotten the netting out of the water.

I have the lights off now to minimize stress, but when do you think I can turn them back on?

What is with all of these crazy fish we have these days? LOL.

The tank temperature is 81.1, is the okay? How much more leeway do I have? Thanks.

I will try to get pictures later, but one Goby is MIA and the other is a bit hard to see ATM.

Turn your ac down. I wouldn't let it get any higher. Open your canopy and your stand up to let some hot air out as well. Do you use a heater? Maybe unplug it. Check your pumps to make sure they are not running hot

Thanks,

I am going down to the basement now to unplug one of the heaters (since I have two).

redsea said:
Thanks,

I am going down to the basement now to unplug one of the heaters (since I have two).

One may have stopped operating correctly. I'd unplug both just in case and test them in a separate bucket

One of the Yasha Gobies jumped last night. :( I have netting over the tank, but since he was so small he probably got through one of the holes (I think it was the smaller one of the two that jumped. There were also some sections that weren't covered. If it was the smaller one, the larger one vanished sometime yesterday. Not sure where he went to but I didn't see him on the floor.

Aw bummer man! Veery sorry. I will never ever ever have anything other than a full canopy

I think the Yasha who disappeared is dead too. :( I haven't seen him lately while I have been looking at the tank. I hope my Pistol Shrimp is still alive though. :)

On another note, I am pretty sure the ich is back. This time I am going to try to build up the fishes' immune system instead of completely eliminating it.

Thanks for reading.

Awesome news!!

I found the other Yasha Goby! :smilecolros: I am sooo excited! When I went down to feed the tank I saw her under a rock. I think she may be living under the rock with the Pistol, since that his the rock the Pistol climbed into when I put him in the tank. I am just so happy right now!

Let me tell you, it is going to be difficult acquiring some pictures of the Goby, but I will do my best this weekend. :) I haven't killed my Acan yet either!

On another note, my rock from reefrocks came in yesterday! So in the tank it goes this weekend after being washed!

Thanks for reading!

I found the other Yasha Goby! :smilecolros: I am sooo excited! When I went down to feed the tank I saw her under a rock. I think she may be living under the rock with the Pistol, since that his the rock the Pistol climbed into when I put him in the tank. I am just so happy right now!

Let me tell you, it is going to be difficult acquiring some pictures of the Goby, but I will do my best this weekend. :) I haven't killed my Acan yet either!

On another note, my rock from reefrocks came in yesterday! So in the tank it goes this weekend after being washed!

Thanks for reading!

Awesome that you found the other Yasha. I couldn't find my Goby either. He was "missing" for over a week before I caught sight of him off the reflection of the tank dart under a rock. Man talk about a sigh of relief and I even said WOOHOO and Hi 5'd the air LMAO. Talk about excitement. It's awesome when they come back from their expeditions. I think they do it to see if you love them LOL.

Back
Top Bottom