Reef safe slicone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am building a sump and have read that the GE I 100% silicone is reef safe, I am wondering if anyone has actually used it or knows it or being used and is it actually safe? Thanks

I have the kitchen and bath one, if it does't have the mildew resistance additive like the GE II, what is the difference between the kitchen and bath stuff and the windows and doors one?? Thanks for the info (just curious, i won't use if it isn't safe)

jonr said:
I have the kitchen and bath one, if it does't have the mildew resistance additive like the GE II, what is the difference between the kitchen and bath stuff and the windows and doors one?? Thanks for the info (just curious, i won't use if it isn't safe)

It actually does have the mildew resistance. The kitchen and bath is meant to prevent mildews from growing on it since it will get wet a lot. Also, the GE II is safe as well as long as it's the windows and doors one. I've used it.

is it as strong as GE I though.

everyone has had no issue using GE I as far as my readings have shown

Back
Top Bottom