Refugium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthony G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Me and my brother teamed up and bought a compleat set up and I was wondering what Is this it's still a little wet cause I just cleaned it.

Attachments

• image-738256694.jpg
    image-738256694.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-175984389.jpg
    image-175984389.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3824739389.jpg
    image-3824739389.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 126
It's a CPR Aquafuge PS.

I'LL post a pic of mine setup. There is supposed to be a pump that attaches to the inlet side (small pipe) and a funnel fed cup that goes into the top cavity right above the inlet.

Ok. I went out to the workshop and dug it out because my 30 has been upgraded.

image-1580473524.jpg

Pump goes inside your tank and in this pipe. Airline goes into pump from above water to inject air into pump for bubbles.

image-2953875352.jpg

This collection cup and lid goes here

image-921355146.jpg

Basically your waterline would be between the bottom funnel and bottom of cup

The whole thing hangs on the back of your tank. But I also had it supported so it wasn't too much weight hanging on the back of the tank.

image-1811393900.jpg

Oh I'm sorry, that looks just like it I had the collection cup but I don't have the air pump or power head and do they sell individual parts for it and what do I put it the columns?

Nothing in the columns. That is where the bubbles form skimmate. In the middle large section I would out a chaeto ball and have a cheap light illuminate it so it grows and consumes all your nitrate.

I also had some rock rubble I bought in there. Served as a BB area and pod habitat.

if there is no collection cup then you could always put a bag of chemipure in it and chaeto in the main section. you'll just need a light for it

Last edited:
if thats the case get a smaller pump with abotu a 100gph flow rate maybe even a little less. will do a better job of filtering, if it was goign to be used with a skimmer i would say get a maxijet 1200 and do a mesh mod for it, look of CPR bakpak mesh mod and you'll have a few how toos to tell you how to

If I have a refugium do u think I will need a protein skimmer for a 55 gallon reef tank

I thought you said you had the collection cup! If not I hope you didn't pay much for it without the pump either. You can get them pretty cheap off eBay.

No I didn't and I got a pump already for it that came with it and no I don't plan on fixing or for the protein skimmer

Back
Top Bottom