Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new york
Posts: 1,321
Boy Huma I couldn't agree with you more. I was thinking the same thing about how callous that response was.
__________________

__________________
tonedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Hermit crab or not you shouldnt be going along picking animals up just for your leisure. Its upsetting to see that someone can be so lax about purposefully killing animals just for a shell. Why dont you just either find empty shells or buy them... Thats alot better than harvesting live ones only to let them die
And just to let you all know. Hawaii has an over grown population of hermits. What I did is nothing compared to Real life problems. I just did the pond a favor so that the fish have more food. Hermit crabs are everywhere. And buying shells is ridiculous, I would never buy shells when I am surrounded by them. Thanks for not helping the situation and just point your fingers at me. Enjoy your day. The hermits are still alive because I do have a heart. And took care of them with what I had at hand. So keep your negativity to yourself it isn't helpful or wanted=) Have a better day!
__________________

__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post
And just to let you all know. Hawaii has an over grown population of hermits. What I did is nothing compared to Real life problems. I just did the pond a favor so that the fish have more food. Hermit crabs are everywhere. And buying shells is ridiculous, I would never buy shells when I am surrounded by them. Thanks for not helping the situation and just point your fingers at me. Enjoy your day. The hermits are still alive because I do have a heart. And took care of them with what I had at hand. So keep your negativity to yourself it isn't helpful or wanted=) Have a better day!
that's neither an excuse or reason to just harvest them for your pleasure. Nor is it "negativitiy, it's honesty. Where I live has a huge stray cat problem, you don't see me rounding them up and killing them for my benefit, hermit crabs are no different. If you can't respect wildlife enough to not needlessly kill, you may want to reconsider your interests. I'm not attempting (or desiring) and arguement with you, you posted on a public forum and I voiced my opinions.
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
that's neither an excuse or reason to just harvest them for your pleasure. Nor is it "negativitiy, it's honesty. Where I live has a huge stray cat problem, you don't see me rounding them up and killing them for my benefit, hermit crabs are no different. If you can't respect wildlife enough to not needlessly kill, you may want to reconsider your interests. I'm not attempting (or desiring) and arguement with you, you posted on a public forum and I voiced my opinions.
Well your opinion is not relevant. Please move on to the next thread. We have a stray cat problem here too and they are killing off our native birds. Our communities are working to have them euthanized. Doesn't that sound cruel? Besides stray cats do not have much to offer you. Hermits inhabit shells and if you really want me to. I will eat them, just to prove that they will not die in vain. =)
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
huma-huma's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: washington Pa
Posts: 5,257
Again, controlling a population (hunting deer, euthanizeing problematic animals) is completely different than what you are doing but nonetheless, arguing with someone is like trying to convince a wall it's not a wall. I'll gladly move onto the next thread. My opinions and points have been made.
__________________
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-286438-4.html
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaClown View Post
Normally 1/2 cup per gallon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post

I am using hawaiian salt. (I live in hawaii lol) Generally used for drying fish.
Thank you guys for staying on topic. Others just try to voice their opinions when the Question was stated. Thank you both for valid responses. I come to AAdvice for Advice. Not opinions from others about irrelevance. Good to know there are actual helpful people on here.
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Again, controlling a population (hunting deer, euthanizeing problematic animals) is completely different than what you are doing but nonetheless, arguing with someone is like trying to convince a wall it's not a wall. I'll gladly move onto the next thread. My opinions and points have been made.
Think of it as controlling their population. Which is what I did. Sorry that you could not provide and answer. And just an opinion about a different topic. Next time give advice. That is what this site is for. My life will go on. =) *Peace
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bribo12's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post

Think of it as controlling their population. Which is what I did. Sorry that you could not provide and answer. And just an opinion about a different topic. Next time give advice. That is what this site is for. My life will go on. =) *Peace
Just wondering you said eating them. Are they any good? Lol
__________________
20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new york
Posts: 1,321
Krissy I have to say that I disagree with just about every think you say. And Huma happens to be a valuable contributor to this forum to which it doesn't seem you are.
__________________
tonedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedogz View Post
Krissy I have to say that I disagree with just about every think you say. And Huma happens to be a valuable contributor to this forum to which it doesn't seem you are.
I come here for advice. Not opinions. You may disagree with me. But I haven't got an answer from you either about why I even posted this thread. Stay on topic please. =)
__________________

__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.