Salt level problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boolay1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any ideas on what I can do to stop my salt levels dropping all the time, I have a hood and then two glass plates but seem to get a lot of salt residue evaporate and cause my levels to drop, any ideas.....

image-100525540.jpg

Boolay1978 said:
Any ideas on what I can do to stop my salt levels dropping all the time, I have a hood and then two glass plates but seem to get a lot of salt residue evaporate and cause my levels to drop, any ideas.....

You just need to topoff more. If it bugs you, get an auto topoff

What do you mean top off more or an auto top off?

Top off with RO or distilled water he means or use a auto top of system that will automatically detect when the water level is low and it will pull water from another location via a pump and well... Top off your tank.

Top off with RO or distilled water he means or use a auto top of system that will automatically detect when the water level is low and it will pull water from another location via a pump and well... Top off your tank.

Ok I'm with you now, my problem is the opposite loosing salt levels as there is loads of salt on the glass panels between the lights and the water

Take the glass top off and get an auto top off unit.

Its very important to keep stable salinity.

It's because of splashing. Where are the bubbles coming from that are making the salt leave the tank?

Unless we're missng something by taking the glass lids off you should have a pretty normal evapuration rate. This will mean your salinity will raise unless you top up with RO water. Tunze do a great auto top off system i recommend looking into that one.

Just to add i've never met anyone that keeps the glass lids on their marine aquariums.

Unless we're missng something by taking the glass lids off you should have a pretty normal evapuration rate. This will mean your salinity will raise unless you top up with RO water. Tunze do a great auto top off system i recommend looking into that one.

Just to add i've never met anyone that keeps the glass lids on their marine aquariums.

Ok thank you. It's the first time I have had a tank this large so was not sure on the glass top.

Back
Top Bottom