Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D.Schneidt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Reef Octopus 110 skimmer. I've had this skimmer running on a my brand new tank and I added two clowns last week. My question is, I have yet to get any foam at the very top? Is this normal for now or is there something wrong with the skimmer?

Depending on how much stock you've got youre not gonna see much skimmate until you start getting more detritus and other proteins in the water. It also depends on how you've got it set up and the height of the cup. Just be glad your tank isn't that dirty to see foam. Maybe you can google or you tube proper set up and water level for your skimmer.

Depending on how much stock you've got youre not gonna see much skimmate until you start getting more detritus and other proteins in the water. It also depends on how you've got it set up and the height of the cup. Just be glad your tank isn't that dirty to see foam. Maybe you can google or you tube proper set up and water level for your skimmer.

Ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom