Starting a 75 (my first SW)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

js198027

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my first salt water tank and the build is going to take awhile but I am looking into equipment and doing some research and will have a ton of questions. I want to try and do it right the first time and not spend a fortune. I realize it isn't cheap. My first question is I am looking at power heads. I have decided on 2 Hydro Koralia Evolution power heads with the wave controller I just dont know what size to get. Can I go to big? I am thinking 1150 or 1500 or is the 850 enough? Or do you have a better recommendation on a similar set up? Thanks in advance and hope you can all help me with this process.

This is my first salt water tank and the build is going to take awhile but I am looking into equipment and doing some research and will have a ton of questions. I want to try and do it right the first time and not spend a fortune. I realize it isn't cheap. My first question is I am looking at power heads. I have decided on 2 Hydro Koralia Evolution power heads with the wave controller I just dont know what size to get. Can I go to big? I am thinking 1150 or 1500 or is the 850 enough? Or do you have a better recommendation on a similar set up? Thanks in advance and hope you can all help me with this process.

I have a 60g with 2 1150 and it's plenty of flow, I have no dead spots, great surface agitation and the fish go nuts with all of the movement. A 75 is 48" too, right? I'd say 2 of the 1150s should be fine

Back
Top Bottom