Starting a new tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my CUC yesterday, they seem to be doing really well. I didn't go overboard because there isn't much to clean up on the tank since it's newly setup. I'll add more CUC as I need it.

2x Nassarius Snails
1x Turbo Snail
3x Trochus Snails
4x Blue legged Hermit Crabs (tiny babies)

I was shocked at how small the hermit crabs are, they are barely a centimetre long. It took around 5 hours for the turbo to be comfortable enough, it seems. He was hardly moving for a long time, but now he's flying all over eating all he can. Everything is going well, in a week or so i'm gonna pick up my first pair of Ocellaris Clownfish.

Here is a pic of one of the baby hermits. And a pic of the turbo with some attachments. :D

Attachments

• baby hermit.jpg
    baby hermit.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Turbo with company.jpg
    Turbo with company.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 88
So my nitrites were 0.50 ppm yesterday night after adding the CUC early that morning and i did a water change and got it down, and it was .25ppm today and i did another 20% water change. Not sure why i'm getting the spike, i thought only the nitrate was supposed to spike after adding the CUC? Is the tank not done cycling? I'm gonna keep a close eye on it either way. Ammonia and Nitrates are normal.

Actually I don't think the CUC would spike your trates. I would keep up with the PWC. I'm having the same issue my trites are hovering around .05-.25

Got 2 more snails and 2 Occellaris Clownfish today! Yay, my first fish. They are tiny around 3/4 of an inch.

Attachments

• Occelaris Clownfish.jpg
    Occelaris Clownfish.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom