Starting a new tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnd091303

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got a 60 gallon hex tank that was given to me. Right now it has 2 hydor 1150 pumps, a reef octopus bh1000, 60 or 65 pounds of dry rock, and 70 pounds of arag alive sand. I'm in the process of cycling the tank. My question is can anyone give me any ideas on a good stocking for this setup. Oh and I do want to have at least one gbta and clownfish and eventually make it a reef tank. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I would do a small school of blue/green chromis, awesome fish to watch school together through the tank, completely reef safe later on, and they're hardy little guys form everything I hear. My kid loves watching them swim back and forth at the LFS. Possibly add in a royal gramma basslet and a pistol shrimp/watchman goby pair, awesome symbiotic relationship for your tank! You'll still be able to support a few more fish in a 60 gallon system but add slow so your bacteria can keep up with the bioload.

D

Back
Top Bottom