Thinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

king8808

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok ok so I know my tank isn't ready just yet but I have some like wild dreams for my 20 gal tall tank so far most have seen my tank now that my daughter helped me decorate I will take a pick of it now at it is coming together yes it has fake plants I want to get live plants and coral and Anemone and cleaner shrimp and some crabs and snails and a yellow purple tale wrasse and a clown fish and angel fish and another tang but big problem such big ideas for such a small tank wanting some ideas and pictures to help me condense but still try to keep my vision I open to everything ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395849455.753000.jpg

Another tang? No tangs and you really shouldn't put a dwarf angel in a 20 either and definitely not one of the big angels. Check liveaquaria.com for fish selection, you can search by tank size

I wasn't meaning a dwarf angel exactly I just said an angel fish and yes I have a yellow tang in my 55 gal I rescued a few yrs ago he has a torn fin the store I got me from was allowing him to be attacked by some other fish and he was nearly dead when I got em

Well that's the extreme bare minimum for a yellow (don't be surprised if people chime in on that) but all the large angels are to big for either of those tanks, you could do one of the dwarfs in the 55 though but you may have aggression issues with the yellow.

Yea I know I am kinda protective with my yellow tang he has been through a lot I have a pj cardinal with him and three clown fish and a few crabs that's about it but I keeps his life as stress free as I can

Now as far as the fish go I did say it was a dream and I am opened to ideas and pictures so bring it oh and this idea I had was a females huge brain working as always lol

I suggest checking out liveaquaria.com for tank size recommendations. Putting fish in too small a tank almost always leads to problems with health. IMO, there is no Tang suitable for a 20g. Most wrasses are out too. No Angels either, not even Pygmy angels. I would stick to nano tank fish. Gobies, cardinals, bennies, etc.

If you plan to get corals, and especially an anemone, be sure you have proper lighting. Many corals, and all Nems, require more than basic lighting.

Yeah I just replaced my lighting to a double light that puts off about 10k but I NEVER said I was going to put those exact fish I said they r IDEAS meaning I would like feed back it's a idea of what I like which the the way that fish looks the color and peacefulness lol so it's Ideas I am putting out there In hopes to receive ideas back of. A fish I never herd of or a coral I never considered type thing do u guys get it lol sry I'm loling can't help it

Same advice...liveaquaria has lots of fish and lots of info on appropriate tanks sizes, compatibility, etc. With a 20g, your options are limited. Look through what they have, come back with ideas and I'm sure you will get feedback on what would work.

It is hard to give suggestions when it is such a subjective thing with so many options. Some of my nano faves...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395852977.575839.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395852997.984646.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395853011.876577.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395853035.908222.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395853059.458142.jpg

Ok i dont know if I can of a goby there colors are so awesome but they r sooooo funny looking lol but those r cool looking nanos

We'll at least Mac understand's my bad grammar sentences lol

Back
Top Bottom