Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have cyano, how do I kill it.

I've heard that chemiclean works well. I've never tried it myself, so that's second hand info. Even if it does help get rid of it, though, you've gotta figure out the source so it doesn't come back. It's usually too much food and not enough flow. Good luck with it!!

Water changes, less feeding. Like every other day or every three days. Maybe tone down the light cycle and more water changes.

Algae is caused by a few things... either not enough water changes, not big enough water changes, over feeding and lighting.

Oh and the cookies are awesome!! I got crumbs everywhere while typing this lol

Sure he got cookies

Oh no!!! Now you'll be getting cookie requests from every guy on here!! Lol. Ya know how at the zoo theres those signs that say "don't feed the animals"?? Well, you have stirred the beasts! Haha

Oh no!!! Now you'll be getting cookie requests from every guy on here!! Lol. Ya know how at the zoo theres those signs that say "don't feed the animals"?? Well, you have stirred the beasts! Haha

Hmmm... Thanks pal!! First the pistol digs now this!? When will it end?!? Jeezz :(

Dang, I accidentally deleted my previous post post trying to edit it :/ n e ways I was tryin to upload a pic cuz my nem looks like crap :/ I just got home from work and looked in and it looks horrible! It's all stringy & the mouth is all out, like puffy & stuff :( now I can't get the pics to upload either. Super sad right now!!!

Dang, I accidentally deleted my previous post post trying to edit it :/ n e ways I was tryin to upload a pic cuz my nem looks like crap :/ I just got home from work and looked in and it looks horrible! It's all stringy & the mouth is all out, like puffy & stuff :( now I can't get the pics to upload either. Super sad right now!!!

It may be just going to the bathroom. Have you checked parameters and salinity?

Convict2161 said:
Ok... Standing by while eating a cookie

Hahahahhahahahahahah you kill me.

And dot worry too much mine does this alot!! Im sure the nem will be fine :)

Yea my parameters are totally fine. I'm still trying to upload a pic :/

I was thinking about adding another powerhead maybe that will slow the cyano. I have a maxijet 1200 I was planning on using in my 150. What's the best placement for it? I have one powerhead on the right side pointing downwards towards the bottoms and my sterilizer has a small powerhead on it and I have that just under the other powerhead.... Should I do those differently??

Pretty sure my nem is dead now :( our power went out at 3 am last night and didnt come back on till 1 this afternoon. All my tanks are Cold. The water in em all is only 64 :( the cichlids are ok, but my nem & rabbitfish are not doing good at all :( my luck sucks!!!

Back
Top Bottom