Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Annakhil said:
following along so i can check out how you did your sw when i get around to do mine.
Good Luck, i wish i could find deals like that on my local CL.

I'm almost positive it was a once in a lifetime deal haha! They wanted 150 for the setup but I could only offer $100 because my paycheck sucked this week... Still can't believe they said ok lol! But now my living room looks like a Fishtank graveyard haha!

Attachments

• image-3921289544.jpg
    image-3921289544.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 122
you see graveyard i see fun! no one except my son understands my obsession with fish, but i think i have finally convinced my BF to come to the dark side! :cool:lol

Annakhil said:
you see graveyard i see fun! no one except my son understands my obsession with fish, but i think i have finally convinced my BF to come to the dark side! :cool:lol

My husband is coming around lol, the saltwater idea intrigues him :) once the tanks are cleaned up I'll stop calling it a graveyard haha! I have a lot of work ahead of me!! Now I gotta figure out how I put this saltwater tank together, I'm totally clueless lol!!!

AndrewsPistol said:
I'm almost positive it was a once in a lifetime deal haha! They wanted 150 for the setup but I could only offer $100 because my paycheck sucked this week... Still can't believe they said ok lol! But now my living room looks like a Fishtank graveyard haha!

Great deal!!! Most CL for a setup close to this is usually listing for around 400.00

willbratz said:
Great deal!!! Most CL for a setup close to this is usually listing for around 400.00

Really??? Yay!!! It's awesome to know I made a good buy :) some things need repairing, things that were siliconed on had fallen off so I got some work ahead of me! But for the price I don't mind spending a little elbow grease to make it perfect!

AndrewsPistol said:
Really??? Yay!!! It's awesome to know I made a good buy :) some things need repairing, things that were siliconed on had fallen off so I got some work ahead of me! But for the price I don't mind spending a little elbow grease to make it perfect!

This is gonna be good! Can't wait to see what you do with this tank as well as the other one!!

Haha! Hey now! I'm trying to find the time in between work and kids to get crackin on it. I've been workin a bit on the 6ft, that needs a lot more work than this one... My next day off I'm gonna scrape the old silicone off the saltwater tank where the pieces fell off and then I will have to post pics to get directions on how to put it back together... So essentially what I have is a wet/dry sump, right?? Is that what I want??? Or should I take it apart and build it differently? Here is some pics to refresh your memories :)

Attachments

• image-4053175962.jpg
    image-4053175962.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 145
  • image-1297101235.jpg
    image-1297101235.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 116
Yeah, looks like you have a drip tower and a return section. It's workable! If you wanted a fuge you could add a section in.. looks like there's space.

scottayy said:
Yeah, looks like you have a drip tower and a return section. It's workable! If you wanted a fuge you could add a section in.. looks like there's space.

I do want a fuge... Right? Don't ya grow pods in a fuge? And what is cheato? Does that grow in a fuge?

Working on the tank today... Salt stains suck. Anywho, while cleaning more damage is apparent. One of the PVC tubes was broke and just sitting on there. The old silicone holding the pieces in my sump together is no longer holding. Looking like I will be rebuilding that. Hard to say how I'm gonna do it seeing I have no clue what I'm doing lol. And what the heck are these worm things??? One more question... What is this black thing... Do I need it? Looks homemade.

Attachments

• image-691978158.jpg
    image-691978158.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1957978343.jpg
    image-1957978343.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2544493904.jpg
    image-2544493904.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1428748062.jpg
    image-1428748062.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 129
GuyeWinfield said:
Is that black thing a homemade overflow box? I see the slotted edge across the top. Can't tell from the pic.

Totally busy!!! And yes it is! Ugh wish stuff would stop breaking on it :/

GuyeWinfield said:
First two weeks with my tank, I kept waking up to a wet carpet. Better to find the breaks now than later! ;)

Right! But I can't get the broken PVC off... I don't know what to do?!??!

Attachments

• image-2932368673.jpg
    image-2932368673.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image-221435817.jpg
    image-221435817.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 77
AndrewsPistol said:
It's glued I think.... Into this black thing!

I can't twist the bottom PVC pipe but it def does not come off.

The black part is the bulkhead adapter, they are fairly inexpensive (about $3-$5 depending on the size) then just buy PVC at your local hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom