this is my nano reef tank set up so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I this is my nano reef tank set up so far do you think I should move the heater into the middle and put another power head is know? Sorry if phone isnt good quality my little sister took the photo with my iPhone.

Attachments

• image-1407262135.jpg
    image-1407262135.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 87
I am guessing from the photo this is a cube type tank? Where you place the heater in the tank isn't really important as long as the area has good flow around the heater.

When I had freshwater tanks, I tended to place the heater in a line with the outflow of the powerhead. The powerheads in my tank, normally 2 in my 75 gallon, were placed to cause a circular motion (moving left to right at the front and therefore right to left in the back) of the flow in the tank and water column.

Do you think I should put another power head where the eater is because that side of the tank doesnt have any flow.

Depending on the type of powerhead you might be able to change the angle of the motion. If you can't, you either need to buy a powerhead that can or add something else to get the flow. A reef tank needs a good flow around the entire tank..you don't want any "dead" spots.

how big is the tank? I owuld think one powerhead should be fine. can you adjust the angle of the one you have?

No you can ajyst the angle it is a 10g nano reef and half the tank like dosnt have any flow.

Back
Top Bottom