Too much Flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdaniel2882

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a 55gal with about 35 lbs live rock. It has been set up for about 6 months and is doing well. live stock is 4 pepermint shrimp, a six-line and some mushrooms that came on some live rock. shrimp took care of all the aptasia and the wrasse took care of the worms. Are 2 korallia 3's too much flow for this tank. I am trying to buy equipment that will work in the 90 that I will upgrade to very soon. Are they enough for the 90??

I'd say they're definitely not too much for the 90... depending on how you orient them and your rockwork, they might be just right for the 90 or you might want one more.

Regarding the 55... 2x Korallia 3s will probably be OK - it just all depends on how you position them. If the wrasse is plastered against the glass 24/7, then it's probably too much! :)

Welcome to AquariumAdvice!

K 3's should be ok for the 55G but will be just fine for a 90!

If to much flow then point them toward the glass at `45 degrees and slightly upward for good airation of your tank.

Thanks, The first day I put in the second k3 I had a lot of sand blowing and my mushrooms shrunk. today everything looks good. I am trying to only buy equipment that will support the 90.

Back
Top Bottom