u wanted t-5 pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
this is only 4 bulbs lit wow still playing around with the bulb configuration but liking it more everyday!!!!! sorry i kept you in the dark so long more pics when it is just right.

thanks!

BillyZ said:
nice aquascaping!
had hubby read that one he gets all the credit,although mr picky thinks it is still not quite right. and please ignore all the sand that is still floating hope it settles someday.

Lori, I am so glad you like the fixture. 6 Lamps may be a little too bright, but at least you have versatility and flexibility to play with. I can not wait to see the LED moonlight pictures.

Kevin

kevin e-mailed you a pic too will def be posting more pics hope my photo and computer skills get a bit better i have a few problems with them....love the light would still go with the 6 for the flexibility and can you please answer ff question on the lumen info i get lost on that stuff. ff it is like standing in the sunshine that is all i know.

FF, the wattage of each lamp is 54W...however, wattage is not what is important - lumens (or light output is). The fixture Lori bought from us has a fixture efficiency of 101.3%.

To give you give an idea in terms of lumen efficiency, energy efficiency, and overall light output, here is a comparison chart based on facts (I have not found a lighting photometric report specifically from an aquarium lighting company):

The SKR Aqualux T5HO has a lumen efficiency of 101.3%
the highest lumen efficiency of a 400W MH that I have ever seen is 83.3%. - Lithonia THD400MA16 ( a non aquarium fixture - I would use the specs of aquarium lighting but I have not found any photometric reports yet)

MH System with 83.3% efficiency
458 Watts
Max Lamp Lumens = 36,000
Fixture Lumens = 36,000 * .833 = 29988 lumens
Lumens per watt = 29988 / 454 = 65.5 Lumens per watt

T5HO System with (6) 54W T5 HO with 101.3% efficiency
360 Watts
Max Lamp Lumens = 30,000
Fixture Lumens = 30,000 * 1.013 = 30,390 lumnes
Lumens per watt = 30,390 / 360 = 84.41 lumens per watt

Obviously, the advantage of having 6 T5 lamps vs. 1 400W MH is the fact you can have switcing cycles, variable lamp types, an intense light source over the length of the tank for even distribution, less heat, no color shifting, longer lamp life cycle, better lumen maintenance (the T5HO will maintain about 93% of its light power over the life of the lamp which is about 20,000 hours)

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at kalvarez@skrenergy.com

alrmc, are u able to get some pics of the moonlights i would like to be able to see them on a tank. I heard they look awesome I heard it looks like a very dull attinic glow, but havent had the privilege of seeing it in person.

camera skills are nill i will keep trying the pics do not even come close to doing it justice they are so awesome blue glimmer lines in the tank i promise to keep trying for a good pic.

new to usa fixture:
www.skrenergy.com
bulbs www.reefgeek.com
very bright pros and cons to all the dif lighting mh is recommended pretty much across the board for corals and clams,and t-5s are new so far there has been alot of success with them the best part of the t-5 imo is the bulbs last way longer and the electric costs are lower. only time will tell. it is probably the decision i worked on the hardest for this tank and so far i am more than happy.

Back
Top Bottom