water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
right i had problems with my nitrate.. since iv got an ro unit and red sea salt so good stuff. tuesday night i almost emptied my tank (125litres) maybe 3 inch water in the bottom. i then today changed another 50 litres. when i change the water will all the good bacteria go to and will i have to wait a while to see any difference in my parameters or will it be instant. as iv tested about hour after the second change and its hardly moved

Do you know what is causing the nitrates? Overfeeding is on and the type of food are things that can make nitrates go up. Have you had anything die in your tank? The good bacteria is on the rocks and things in your tank as long as they aren't disturbed or out of water for long it will be ok.

ok thanks.. so once iv changed the water if i test straight away would i notice the difference or would i have to wait a bit for things to settle

Some dechlorinators will give a false reading if you take the reading less than 24 hours after using the dechlorinator.

When you refill your tank, you use a dechlorinator. If you do a water reading sooner than 24 hours afterwards, you can get false readings. The dechlorinator affects the test.

Back
Top Bottom