your best advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Becks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I cannot seem to get enough!! I've just started my first aquarium (an Aquapod 24). It is less than 6 weeks old but already it's too small. I've replaced it with a 55 my boyfriend found at a garage sale last week.

Now the new tank has water in it and I will make the switch with my livestock and rock as soon as new lightbulbs arrive... The problem is I've now found another!!

This next 55 I can get for free!! I'm picking it up tomorrow in a neighboring city. I'm planning to plumb these into a central sump and use the second tank for propagation only.. I'm planning on farming softies for myself and friends.

Now I realize this is happening very fast but I'm having a blast and learning a lot quickly. My question is: what's your best advice for the newly addicted?

I`m excited about your plans but the only thing I would say is too go slow. That advice is always needed no matter how long you`ve been in the hobby.

Hee hee hee... All good advice and thanks to each of you. I will use it! (This is Becks by the way.. I had trouble logging in and had to register a new User ID)

Best three pieces of advice I have ever seen are:

1) Research
2) Research some more
3) Research again

You can never research enough, there is always something to learn. And always try and check advice, even the best sometimes get things wrong.

I would also make sure there was no copper used in the tank. Possibly get a test kit. You might also want to find out what other kinds of meds were used as well.
Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom