29 gallon tank journey thread ( cycling Q+A ).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Move step 5 to step 1, it takes the longest.

haha Very true my friend i dun know why i didnt think of that myself. Im guessing everything else sounds about right and i should be fine, Just need to get to the store!

Saucy840 said:
haha Very true my friend i dun know why i didnt think of that myself. Im guessing everything else sounds about right and i should be fine, Just need need to get to the store!

Yeah, looks good to me. Make sure to poke down any floating clumps of sand. You don't have to wait for the cloudiness to clear up before you fire the filters back up. Just give it a half hour or so for any grains of sand to settle. Your filters will help remove the cloudiness, keep a bucket of old tank water handy to gently rinse the filters every so often. Keep the tank with the fish aerated and you should be able to put them back in a couple of hours.

Yeah, looks good to me. Make sure to poke down any floating clumps of sand. You don't have to wait for the cloudiness to clear up before you fire the filters back up. Just give it a half hour or so for any grains of sand to settle. Your filters will help remove the cloudiness, keep a bucket of old tank water handy to gently rinse the filters every so often. Keep the tank with the fish aerated and you should be able to put them back in a couple of hours.

Yea ive read that ill make sure to poke em down . I was ganna wait about an hour but im sure it depends on how your sand is reacting in the water. Before i put the fish in from the second tank they are in ill make sure to rinse em in it.I also have 2 air pumps so thats good it will make it a bit easier and a few hours sounds great i was reading alot longer from some google searchs, Thanks again.

Nah, it won't take too long. I just recently moved all my tanks. It consisted of: setting up the 75, adding all the sand from the 37 into the 75 (mixed black blasting sand/EC), moved all sand from 40 (mixed PFS/EC) into 37 (added left overs to 75), run the filters for a while, replant the 37 and 75, distribute fish from two 40 holding tanks into 37 and 75. Took about one evening. Now I have to break down the 40s and get ready to set them up as saltwater.

sand!

Whats goin on guys i know its late .. 2:44 AM est. I just wanted to update before i go to sleep.

I did research and read about play sand or pool filter sand so i opted for those insted of the black sand from petsmart that i wanted, 1 because petsmart was closed and 2 because of the price. So i went to lowes and tried to find Pool filter sand but couldnt so i ended up grabing the play sand.It is alittle finer and was a bit messy but i gave it a pretty good rinse i think i could of done better tho but my back was killing me by that point.I do like the look of it and its clearing up at an ok speed and it will be better for the corys! Beside the bit of cloudienss in the tank im sure the fish like the sand an new setup.

I also tested the water about 2 - 2 1/2 hours after adding the sand and water changing and my ammonia and nitrite are still 0 ppm and my nitrate is 10-15 ppm so im very happy about that with ph 7.2-7.8.

So excited to be able to get new fish , im just goint to add 4 corys 5-6 glofish and 2 mystery snails maybe. What do you guys n girls think would be best to add next along with the angel and 3 platys?

Attachments

• sand!!!!.jpg
    sand!!!!.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 44
  • sand!!.jpg
    sand!!.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 52
Clear water and zebra's

Hello again everyone i got another update to let everyone whats going on, The tank was almost fully clear this afternoon so i went to the lfs and was going to buy the glofish but due to the price at 6 each n needing 6 i just went with normal zebra danios for now. The angelfish acted a bit mad n chased them around but i left the light off went to school and now he has been fine , not bothering them for about the 5 hours i have been home. He isnt big enough to eat them atleast yet lol.. So everything is going good so far i will be picking up another female platy to make my numbers more even and 4 corys in the next few weeks. Updates soon to come !!

Thanks again

Attachments

• clearzebra 2.jpg
    clearzebra 2.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 52
  • clearzebra.jpg
    clearzebra.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom