55 gallon big fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55gallon aquarium and I only have three fish. I have a 5 inch red tail catfish (don't give me hate mail on here I know already), a 1 inch Pictus cat fish, and a 11 inch feather fin cat fish I'm really into big fish and predators. I feel like my tank is empty and I want other fish what could I get I don't want cichlids or oscars

Looking for a mid to large sized fish that is mid to top dwelling

Well there is a smaller one that gets around 4 to 6 inches ( Acestrorhynchus Isalinae) it's the one I'm about to order.

Acestrorhynchus falcatus gets to 11 inches (red tail barracuda)

Not really aggressive but still a predator you know an isn't a feather fin cat fish supposed to be borrow dwelling

Yeeeeeeeeah that won't happen I barley have enough room for a 55 gallon

Yeeeeeeeeah that won't happen I barley have enough room for a 55 gallon

Right now with what you have I would say no. There isnt anything else you can have. Your tank width is too small and that RTC is already too much (yes I know you know, im just saying) and if you cant rehome it then there isnt much of anything you can add

I think you need to rethink your current stock. If you rehomed the fish you already have you could do a single Oscar, or a jack dempsy, or cichlids. There's lots more aggressive fish suited to this size of a tank )

Those are the three things I don't want I hate oscars jack Dempsey I find everywhere along with cichlids I want odd ball fish that are cool

African leaf fish?

Those arent exactly predatory and with the filtration needed to keep up with his current fish, they arent suitable for his flow conditions

Edit- like I previously said, if you want more fish then remove what you have now because your tank is stocked and why keep a fish thats 11" in a tank that's only 12"wide? You cant feasibly add any fish to your tank. There isnt anymore room. A 55g tank isnt that big to begin with. If you get a 125g or bigger then okay now were talkin but you already said you cant upgrade because you dont have room. If you really want more fish then rehome all that you have. It would be cruel to the fish to add any more in there

They're bottom dwelling fish how is it cruel two of them don't even come out and my 11 inch cat needs a minimum of 40 gallons so my 55 is fine for it OB done research on them yes I'll regime my RTC when it gets bigger

They're bottom dwelling fish how is it cruel two of them don't even come out and my 11 inch cat needs a minimum of 40 gallons so my 55 is fine for it OB done research on them yes I'll regime my RTC when it gets bigger

How about I stuff you in a room thats only an inch wider than you? And only 3 feet longer? Kinda cruel huh?

Look, you asked for advice and they're giving you advice, you can take it or you can ignore it, but if you think you know more than the people giving you advice than why did you ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom