55 Gallon South American Adventure Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xwesx1978 said:
very cool man , make sure you posts pics when your all done

I will do that! So I'm putting in the cories soon, should I wait a while to put in more cories? I only have 4 of them and am going to put in 6 more, not all at once but like 2-3 at a time. The tank isn't cycled but I'm putting in cycled filter media and I've read that I can just add fish in but not too many... So ideas on that? Also should the angelfish be last or the GBRs?

Is 80° a safe temperature for cories? I want to put them in but my heater was set way too high and has finally came from 95° to 80° today. Would that be fine for my fish?

Cool! I just need to do one more thing to the filter and I can add in the cories!

Sooo the filter died on me! Now I have to work up the money to go buy a new one! I think that I'll get the 13 gallon up and running before I get this one up! This is very aggravating! Why filter? Why?

I have a wonderful update! I got the filter to go! Bad news: I already used the filter media that I was going to use in there for it I put in my new 13 gallon... So I'm either to fishless cycling or getting more filter media. I'm leaning towards the filter media! At least I got one tank up and running!

Maybe someone close to can help with some jump start media, if you were closer and not half way across the country I'd help you out LOL

Thanks! I have one filter media thing extra in my 8 gallon one, and I'm trying to jump start that but it's only been in there for 2 days... I still have to do another filter media cartridge as well because the filter takes two, but my 13 gallon just started up... So that won't work either... It'll just be another 2 weeks before I get the tank running:) oh and here's a picture of my new tank;)

Attachments

• image-3746392912.jpg
    image-3746392912.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 72
I'm back!!! Things have defiantly changed in the tank. I've added driftwood, rocks and sand as well! The filter I have isn't working:( and I don't know what to do!!! Also I wanted to recheck my stocking. I've added a few things to the list...
Here it is:
1 angel
8 peppered cories
(would 5-6 panda cories be okay in there as well???)
10 rummy nose tetras
10 flame or buenos aires tetras
2 GBRs
I would also like to add farlowella catfish, but I can't find much information on them... Would they be good in the tank? I have driftwood as well and am willing to get more. How many should I get? Do they need groups? Thanks for reading!

So my filter is a no go:(. It has been pronounced dead as of last night! I'll probably get a filter within a month... But I'm still working on plants and stocking...

Back
Top Bottom