Atempting to get going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tornadonick

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, now that i am slightly more researched i am going to post my plans and ask for suggestions. first here is my sisters tank, she has 5 glofish and two corys in a 20 gallon. it is technically hers but guess who gets to take care of it :)
198258_209119069101913_100000114639337_916292_1806077_n.jpg

here is my current 29 gallon set up, dont worry i have a lot more decorations and hiding places to put in there, probably tonight but possibly tomorow morning.
200378_209120509101769_100000114639337_916296_2825315_n.jpg

and lets not forget puff
188881_209119439101876_100000114639337_916293_3048498_n.jpg

my whole set up, possibly setting up a 45G(i may be wrong on that) octogonal off the other side of the desk for cichlids. cleaning it up of course(going through remodling my room while living out of here, gets messy in a hurry). if i cant get the octogonal tank i will try to find one that is tall that will fit in this space, or perhaps try to build one(has anybody done this?)?
188624_209119679101852_100000114639337_916294_2570076_n.jpg
while i am thinking abotu this, i am putting a 40 inch tv above the desk and was wondering if noise hurt the fish.

right now i have 2 plattys and 2 mollys. thinking that
AquStockImage.php
might work, although that shows it a little over crouded. I am still toying around with this though and will probably change things a lot.

i have the same question about the sound issue. my tanks in my room aswell and i have a nice sized bass i like to turn up loud. does anyone think it would affect fish/shrimp?

Sorry to impose on your thread.

np ask away, i may very well go with a nother schooling fish instead of guppy, also really considering more mollys and plattys to keep them happy.

Come on guys I am impatient, hoping to fill it up tomorow, i would like to get a group of schooling fish for sure, not sure what but something that can complete my tank. also, I want a pleco but any recomondations on what kind, note that my best bet at fish is petsmart, although there is a local store that i believe has a bunch of fish that i havnt tried out yet. Please give me some advice or yell at me if i am screwing something up :)

Don't know if it helps, but I've got a shoal of danios with my Moors and they get along great.

As for the amp, just don't point it at the tank and you should be fine. My tank is about 4 ft from one of my studio speakers (for the past year) and haven't seen a single issue with it and our fish (and yes, at times I crank it up).

Sent from my Epic 4G

I think i have this figured out now:
1 balloon molley
1 lyretail molly
1 micky mouse platty
1 red wag platty
1 sunset platty
1 pictus catfish
6 zebra danios
and 2 guppys, probably fancy

tornadonick said:
should i be getting these all at once or should i try to stagger them?

Definitely stagger them. I can't say which ones 1st, 2nd, so on, but give your tank and filter a chance to adapt and catch up with the bio load. Wait 10 days to 2 weeks before adding more. It'll give the fish a chance to adapt as well as you fill up your tank.

Sent from my Epic 4G

I've been advised to not add more than 3-4 fish at a time to give your filter a chance to adjust to the increase in ammonia from fish waste. After adding fish, you'll want to check your water parameters like every other day to make sure there's no ammonia buildup.

I'd also recommend trying to make sure you get 100% females in the Molly, Platy, and Guppy department unless you want SUDDENLY, BABIES EVERYWHERE!

You might still have to deal with offspring from those 3 fish types if they happen to get pregnant while at the fish store tank.

ok thanks, i was actually wondering about the pictus cat, AqAdvisor calculated it in and it worked out but i really didnt know. I keep changing my plans on other aquariums but a 37g wouldnt be a big enough increase would it? so i could move him there down the line. As for babies, i am a bit worried about that but if i get them I will try to sell them, wont fix it completely but that is a start

A wider tank like a 40B or a 75g would be better for a pictus cat. I have a pictus that I started out in my 29g when he was very little. My wife liked him because he was shiny and tiny with huge whiskers. Now he's 8"+ and was cramped in my 29g. I moved him to my 40B and he's less territorial now. The 18" width makes a big difference.

got myself 6 long finned zebra danios today. Was going to wait a little longer but it could be a month before i get back into town. :) recomondations on a good bottom feeder?

Back
Top Bottom