Backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, forgot to mention...it is also reversible. The back of it is a different underwater scene so I can mix it up if I want to. (Of course my husband and I liked different sides.) :roll:

krap101 said:
is there any way to copy one of amanos tanks and use it as a backround :D

I actually think some of the pictures are of some Amanos tanks.

I dont particulary like the picture backgrounds myself. Not too natural looking in my oppinion.

On my 70 gallon I painted a dark blue background. My 10 and 20 have no background. On the "show" tanks I think it looks good, just hides all the mess behind the tank.

The scenery background can look awesome if the tank is carefully decorated. I have seen some REALLY nice looking tanks with the fake plant background. It all just comes down to how it is decorated. And of course you have to find the right background. :D

Im thinking the background would have to fit the style your aquascaping.. That could look nice.. Ive just never seen it done.. :mrgreen:

I love backgrounds. Right now I am into the plain blue backgrounds. The plain ones really bring out the color of your fish and highlight your live plants well IMO, however they also tend to show the algae I allow to grow on the back of the tank, whereas the pictured backgrounds camouflage that more. Anyway you can switch them whenever you want, which I do when I get bored or see a cool new one at the store.

I bought the glossy black reversible to pale blue background for my 75 because I didnt what to have to move it outside to paint it.. I will paint the background on my smaller tanks..
Im going with a black background for bringing out the plants and fish..

I decorated my tank to somewhat match my bedroom. We found a background that had red shale rocks sortof stacked with hairgrass plants and some driftwood. I used a dark brown gravel with red jasper rocks, fake hairgrass and birdsnest plants and some real driftwood. I can't really tell where the tank ends and the background starts.... ...well almost but it all fits well together. you can see my tank in my gallery. (just updated with new driftwood)

Back
Top Bottom