Bio-Clear Cartridges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ammonia removing cartridges will prevent your tank from cycling properly as they will starve your good bacteria. Put them aside in case of an emergency in the future but they simply are not necessary in a healthy, cycled tank.

The ammonia removing cartridges will prevent your tank from cycling properly as they will starve your good bacteria. Put them aside in case of an emergency in the future but they simply are not necessary in a healthy, cycled tank.

Shall I just replace the ammonia ones with carbon filters then?

I would stick filter foam or bioballs or ceramic rings or some other type of media into the filter that doesn't need to be replaced on a regular basis. Carbon simply isn't necessary in a healthy fw tank. :)

I would stick filter foam or bioballs or ceramic rings or some other type of media into the filter that doesn't need to be replaced on a regular basis. Carbon simply isn't necessary in a healthy fw tank. :)

Trouble with the filter I have only fits cartridges and nothing else.

You can slit the cartridges, dump out the carbon and stuff the pouch with something else such as filter floss. Any filter that can fit a cartridge, can fit a piece of filter foam- just cut it to size. All filters are designed with cartridges in mind but realistically, you can use any media you would like. Even my tiny 10g/100gph filters have different media in them instead of stock cartridges.

You can slit the cartridges, dump out the carbon and stuff the pouch with something else such as filter floss. Any filter that can fit a cartridge, can fit a piece of filter foam- just cut it to size. All filters are designed with cartridges in mind but realistically, you can use any media you would like. Even my tiny 10g/100gph filters have different media in them instead of stock cartridges.

Thanks, orded some poly fibre instead of the cartridges :)

Back
Top Bottom