Compatibility Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0hAich

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Long story short, after redecorating our small office my wife has decided she wants an aquarium for the shelves by her desk. I've constructed a ~30 gallon tank (36x12x15) and I've got that working through a fishless cycle ATM. Once it's up, she's demanding a couple varieties of molly. In a separate 20-gallon long I've got a couple of juvenile yoyo loaches (botia almorhae) that I've got quarantined before adding to my planted 55-gallon.

My question is: would I be able to add the loaches to the molly tank? I ran it through a stocking calculator and the bioload is not an issue. Mollies need some salt to thrive whereas loaches are scaleless, so I was unsure if these two fish can coexist.

NOTE: My reason for adding the loaches is for an even stocking of top/bottom dwellers while sticking with the black/white color scheme. Also, I was planning on adding some salt to get the SG up to 1.003 which I know will bump the pH up to the upper end of the loaches' tolerance.

Back
Top Bottom