Do I just put them in a clean cycled tank and cross my fingers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There are fish in this bucket. There old tank (just purchased) is full of algae. Do I just put them in a clean cycled tank and cross my fingers?

Hep!

Attachments

• image-4216726491.jpg
    image-4216726491.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 46
Do you mean put them in an extra cycled tank you have while you clean out their old tank? If so, acclimate them put them in and should be fine.

I think ph and temp must be close to the same before you can just dump them in. If not then I would bag em and acclimatize them like u would if you got them from pet store.

I bought a 10 gallon tank. I think I'm going to put them in with the nasty water and slowly cycle out some for clean water first.

i wuld do what bbush said. put them in a bag and acclimate them slowly to a clean cycled tank.
if you really want to put the nasty water in I would only add half or a quarter of the nasty water and the rest clean treated, temp matched water.

I put them in a 10gallon with an extra seeded sponge I had. I was a little wary given their conditions. Anyway looks like two of them have white spots on their fins. I have some Maricyn that I'll start giving them. Not sure. The pleco didn't make it :/

Back
Top Bottom