Excited 11yo and new 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad news. The cycle is still moving along, but the Gourami has a problem. There is a white pustule/growth near his mouth that, to my untrained eye, looks infected. I have absolutely no idea what to do with sick fish, but it doesn't look pleasant. I'm sure the guy is stressed a bit from the climbing nitrite levels, but I'm doing my best to keep the Nitrite level under 2.0 by doing 50% PWC's almost every day. It gets up to 2.0 if I miss a day. Nitrates are climbing slowly (very slowly) but they do seem to be moving.

Here's a picture of the sick guy. Any idea what that growth is near his mouth? More pictures at the Flickr site if you care to look. I'm fond of the fish because the coloring is really nice. Anything I can do to help him out?

Here's the rest of the pics

Elmware2000 said:
Just out of curiosity, what's the reason for having the water so low?
No reason. I've since been keeping the water level right at the edge of the black trim. If I were to go back to doing PWC's every week, it might drop that low from evaporation though. Denver is very dry.

Back
Top Bottom