Free tanks are cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
*lol* Keeping an eye on craigslist and the like occasionally pays off. Found a free ten gallon (listed as a 25 gallon *pout*). Most of what came with it got trashed, but got some ok decorations and possibly an air pump and a power strip--they need cleaned of whatever crud is on all the stuff and the tank before I plug them in and see if they work.

Now I need to figure out what to do with it--keep it as a spare or set it up, and with what? Half thinking of splitting it for two bettas, but liking the look of dwarf puffers...then I got the brilliant idea of splitting it and having a betta in one side and a dwarf puffer in the other! Not sure how well that would work, though. >.>

This is one of the more fun parts for me--the planning stage. :ROFLMAO:

I think its a good idea to use it as an QT or an emergency tank. If there's temptation, then hide it somewhere ;)

See...already have a QT. Makes it that much harder to not do anything with it *lol* ^_^

I would probably split it with a divider. Also you could do shrimp tank. Nice find !! Lucky find I never find anything but half off broken fish tanks! :/

Dividers are pretty iffy in my experience. Ok for a short term fix, but often fail as a long term solution. I'd either do Shrimp in the whole tank. Add Nano fish later, or A Betta and a great 'scape with lots of plants.

Back
Top Bottom