Getting new tank started.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonathan aqtank

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys.
I just went to the fishshop and saw a cheap ~15g tank.
Weve got a 30g tank with fishes in it.since january.
My Question : Can i take some water out of the 30g tank in the 15g tank to get it started earlier

jonathan

Water has very little bacteria in it, so adding it wouldn't really do any good. But taking filter media out of the 30 and placing it the 15g filter will give you a almost instant cycle. Every time I upgraded or start a new tank, that's what I do. Also a decoration has bb on it but wouldn't be as nearly as helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey guys?
Yesterday i put in spongestuff from the bug tank into the small one.
10minutes ago i tested the waterstats with a teststripe. Every single stat was at lowest grade. Can i put 5 neon tetra is the small tank today? Or should i better wait?

Jonathan

Here is a little upate :
Tomorrow ill go to the lfs and get 5 kuhlii for the 15g tank. After 3 long days the sand went to the ground and i can see the plants. :
uploadfromtaptalk1429607395533.jpg
My plan is that ill get the 5 kuhlii tomorrow and then get the 10 red neon tetra from the big tank in the little one. Besides i want to get a betta or a dwarfcichlid. What would fit with kuhlii and tetra?

Greeting Jonathan

I'm unfamiliar with loaches..

But we do put captive bred juvie angels and dwarf gouramis with our cardinal tetras and ember tetras.

LFS told us the wild caught Angels are more aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom