Heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought two Ebo Jager heaters by Ehiem. I put them on opposite ends of my tank. One stays on constant and the other stays on for a little while and then cuts off. Think it may have a malfunction?

I bought two Ebo Jager heaters by Ehiem. I put them on opposite ends of my tank. One stays on constant and the other stays on for a little while and then cuts off. Think it may have a malfunction?

They should turn on and off automatically. They have built in thermometer detecters that make the heater shut down once the water reaches the specific temp you put it to. Prob one side of the tank is colder then the other side. Do you have a thermometer?

Yeah, I do.

What temp did you put the heaters to? What size tank is it? Try putting the thermometer in 3 different places:
1. Next to heater #1
2. Next to heater #2
3. In between the two heaters. Compare the temps and see if their is a big difference.

Ooookkkk. 86 is pretty hot! I'm not surprised one of the heaters is not turning off. One heater prob heats up the water around it faster than the other.

They're both on right now. The water is 83.

Ooookkkk. 86 is pretty hot! I'm not surprised one of the heaters is not turning off. One heater prob heats up the water around it faster than the other.

They are on opposite ends. Random question for you. My tank is 40x22x27. Is that 100 gallons?

They are on opposite ends. Random question for you. My tank is 40x22x27. Is that 100 gallons?

Ok, hmm, I can't find any matches for how many gallons a 40"x22"x27" is. Though a 90g bowfront is 48"x18"x29". So your tank must be close to 90-100g.

So I saw your question on the other thread lol. Yes, you should be ok with your old stock. But for safety, I'd remove 1-3 fish just to be safe for now.

Heater hasn't turned off in a while now so I guess it's good! Here's my stocking plan.

10x Lemon tetra
10x schooling fish
10x schooling fish
10x schooling fish
10x skunk Cory's
1 rubber pleco
Blue Nerite snails and amano shrimp

To much?

Heater hasn't turned off in a while now so I guess it's good! Here's my stocking plan.

10x Lemon tetra
10x schooling fish
10x schooling fish
10x schooling fish
10x skunk Cory's
1 rubber pleco
Blue Nerite snails and amano shrimp

To much?

I think it just really depends on what the schooling fish are going to be. Everything else is good. If the heater doesn't turn off, that really means your tank was cooling down and now needs to be heated up again.

It still seems big enough for 1 top water schooling fish, and 3 middle schools.

Back
Top Bottom