Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stripes98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im not sure if I shocked my new striped pike today... I floated him in the tank, mixed the water and let him out shortly after.... Could i have shocked him
:facepalm:

How long did you let him float? Were the water temps the same? How fast did you mix the water? Is he acting funny?

I am going to assume yes you shocked him. By moving him you most likely shocked or atleast startled him. The betta I have now hid for two days, my first betta explored right away. Two different fish and two different tanks. And two completely different set ups. (I have a two year old and for two days we had to teach him how to "look at fish" so I am sure I stressed him out and my first betta didn't have to deal with any children just me.)

I am sure your fish will be fine as long as you did everything right and he doesn't have any medical issues.

The water temps were the same and I mixed the water for 10 to 20 minutes.. He isnt moving around much,but hes still alive

You have places for him to hide? A friend of mine has one and his always freezes when new people come over until he feeds him then he goes crazy. Just keep an eye on him. You cycled your tank and put dechlorinator/water treatment in the tank right? Do you know your waters readings?

That***

Also there is a person on her whose screen name is 5x5 and I hear he is the pike expert around here

Thank you also he is normal now... He is eating feeders and moving around i think he just had to acclimate

He might just be a scaredy cat. I was always taught to give whatever animal I had to give it three days with as little interaction as possible to help it get comfortable. I am not sure if that pertains to fish but I am doing it anyways lol

lol hes becoming more active, hes supposed to be very aggressive but i havent seen much.

Back
Top Bottom