Help!!! Rcs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also i would like to maybe get some kind of fish that wont eat my shrimp/shrimplets and that can go in a 6.6 gallon tank. Any more suggestions??

Your shrimp might not get bothered, but your shrimp babies might. I just removed a neon that was keeping the population down.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411589290.213681.jpg i dont like how my tank looks and i want to rescape. Any ideas on how i should rearrange things/ things i should get to make a better scape? Any ideas? Thank you

I have those fake plants?
Mayalsian dw
2 java ferns
Java moss tied to a big stone
7 RCS
1 nerite snail

Its hard replacing substrate in a running tank with habitants. You could always change the laying of it, high in the corner, low and wavy in the front. Fake plants are ok. My shrimp hung out on all of mine until I got all live plants. I prefer a natural look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Referring back to fish and shrimp coexisting. I run a 60g tank with many tetras including black neons (well known shrimp eaters) and a colony of well over 100 RCS. The key, I believe is to have a huge amount of plant and moss. I'm sure that many shrimps are eaten but many also survive. Feeding time sees them side by side and taking no notice of them. I've even seen RCS on the back of my Plec (he wasn't impressed and swatted them off). I just wanted to make the point that fish and shrimp can coexist if the environment favours the shrimp.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411768074.897435.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411768277.451943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree. I lost numbers in shrimp when transferring alot of stuff to my new tank. They lost hiding places. But I have TONS of new spots for them with plants, mosses, small holed driftwood, and cholla wood. I've also seen mine next to my frogs and even sitting on my frogs. With enough hiding there will be survival.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow nice tank ScotJudd! I guess i will add some more hiding places, the tank is just a little boring

Cheers Fish Fan, I have had great pleasure building up my display tank.
I would add that there are a huge range of styles of tank decor shown on this forum - we all have individual ideas, but ultimately we have to either choose stock to suit our preferred tank or tailor the tank to suit our preferred stock.

I just found a pregnant RCS female!!! Can't wait for babies!

Thought you might like to see a pic of a berried shrimp. The tank in this case is bare and the reflection from below shows eggs better than from the normal view.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412888972.256876.jpg

Back
Top Bottom