Here we go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apologies in advance for the poor quality :

image-1671994276.jpg

image-3973145963.jpg

image-2945875226.jpg

Thank you for the comments.

Beginning to wonder about fish and what would be suited to the tank. Would love to hear your suggestions..........

Sandy base, CO2, live plants, relative calm water, pH will end up being about 7.6 naturally, medium water hardness.

Would like something that's relatively easy to eat, kind of flakes every day with live food of some kind once a week..

Something a bit unusual would be nice......

Rendao said:

Beginning to wonder about fish and what would be suited to the tank. Would love to hear your suggestions..........

Sandy base, CO2, live plants, relative calm water, pH will end up being about 7.6 naturally, medium water hardness.

Would like something that's relatively easy to eat, kind of flakes every day with live food of some kind once a week..

Something a bit unusual would be nice......

Hey! Tank is looking great! Now, this tank is 33 gallons correct? Im thinking you should do
2x German blue rams
7x rummynose tetra
6-8x emerald cory cats
And maybe a larger centerpeice? Cool gourami or killifish?

Hi there,
Everyone loves your tank <3 :)
IMO it is all up to you. Most commonly available barbs, tetras, danios, small dwarf cichlids, angels, gouramis and cory catfish will all work for you. All on personal taste.
A school of cardinal tetras always looks great in a planted tank. So do rasboras :) Don't worry about the pH and such. It will be fine, don't mess.
Almost all fish will eat flakes and live food.
For something easy to eat, how 'bout a nice piece of salmon or tuna? If you're looking for something else, why not some Thanksgiving leftovers of Turkey and Mashed potatoes? :lol:
Something a bit unusual would be nice...... Furcata rainbows, rummynose tetras, threadfin rainbows, African Butterly cichlids, red laser cories, cockatoo apistos, philippine blue angels, purple passion danios, and others I cannot list off the top of my head are all uncommon and unique and colorful :)

My responses in bold red. Good luck! (y)

Latest results this afternoon

PH 7.6
ammo 1 / mill
Nitrite 0

Will top ammo back up to 4 and look for nitrite tomorrow.

Trying so hard to learn patience, always been a problem of mine !!!

Rendao said:
Latest results this afternoon

PH 7.6
ammo 1 / mill
Nitrite 0

Will top ammo back up to 4 and look for nitrite tomorrow.

Trying so hard to learn patience, always been a problem of mine !!!

Haha aquarists are never pacient....funny how that works

Gboy66 said:
Haha aquarists are never pacient....funny how that works

Maybe the fact that we are inpatient is the reason why we need a nice calming tank - just to chill us out.

Rendao said:
Oh dear. Snails!

You have snails? Probably rode in on your plants. If you don't want them, you'll need to pick them out. Otherwise they will just keep multiplying.

swimwithme said:
You have snails? Probably rode in on your plants. If you don't want them, you'll need to pick them out. Otherwise they will just keep multiplying.

Yes, definitely don't want them, because they seem to be enjoying munching on my plants. Hands are tied really, need a snail eating fish, but am in the middle of a fishless cycle.

Rendao said:
Yes, definitely don't want them, because they seem to be enjoying munching on my plants. Hands are tied really, need a snail eating fish, but am in the middle of a fishless cycle.

Place a piece of lettuce in the tank, leave it over night, in the morning there should be snails on it. Take it out, put it in a bag and freeze it. Much better than getting a fish to do it.

Mumma.of.two said:
Place a piece of lettuce in the tank, leave it over night, in the morning there should be snails on it. Take it out, put it in a bag and freeze it. Much better than getting a fish to do it.

Excellent, will give it a go this evening. Why do I want to put it in a bag and freeze it?

Rendao said:
Excellent, will give it a go this evening. Why do I want to put it in a bag and freeze it?

The bag so they don't escape and the freezing to send them to snail heaven. :D You can crush them if you prefer but it gets a bit much when there is more than a few.

Back
Top Bottom