I finally need stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
The tank is a 55g planted. It is going to an angel grow out tank (I know it sounds weird but what I'm doing is letting the parents raise the fry until they out grow their parents tank then moving them to the 55g) so everything in a it needs to be compatible. It's going to be planted with low light/low tech plants and I don't really want any livebearers except maybe swordtails. I have 3 other tanks so I think I'm a little more experienced than a beginner. Inverts are always welcome! Especially snails. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would go:

1 angel
5 boesemani rainbows
20 Cardinal tetras
3 neon swordtails (1 male, 2 female)
2 German blue rams
4 tiger blood nerite snails

I'm kinda biased towards rainbows lol.

That looks awesome! I forgot to mention that I wanted to put 6-9 khuli loaches in too would they be compatible with the other fish you listed?

I would go:

1 angel

5 boesemani rainbows

20 Cardinal tetras

3 neon swordtails (1 male, 2 female)

2 German blue rams

4 tiger blood nerite snails

I'm kinda biased towards rainbows lol.

Ok this is a possibility
The Angels
5 boesemani rainbows
8-10 cardinal tetras
3 neon swordtails
8 khuli loaches
Would this work?

Ya that should be fine as long as you don't get the snails I listed. Kuhli loaches will eat snails.

If you are going to be using the 55 for raising angels I wouldn't add anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not raising I'm going to let the parents raise them. The 55g is just going to be when they out grow the parents tank.

I also only have 1 pair and so far they haven't been great parents. I'm expecting only maybe 10-20 each time and I'm going to give them away as soon as I can.

I also only have 1 pair and so far they haven't been great parents. I'm expecting only maybe 10-20 each time and I'm going to give them away as soon as I can.

Ah got it but once they get it down it will be a lot more than 10 or 20.

Well I always got that 45 sitting on the porch... Just gotta convince my mom lol

Also I was wondering if I could switch the cardinals to cherry barbs? I was pretty sure that would work but just wanted to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom