My First Tank and Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

submarine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys

So this is my first post. I'll be asking a bunch of questions about planted tank care. I made this short video to kind of let the boards know what my tank is like right now. It's my first fish tank ever. Currently about half a year in.

Please watch my video and give me some feedback on my brown algae problem and the loaches!

http://youtu.be/ZfyM_4_XJnw

To be honest, I have never tested any of the water parameters, nor would I know what to do with the information I got from testing. I live in San Jose, CA, but I'm not very knowledgeable about the water quality that I get from my tap. I use API Stress Coat and Stress Zyme to dose my tap water whenever I do a water change (weekly). I would love to know your feedback on this, though. I would love to know more about the water in my tank and what I should be striving for in terms of quality.

Aside from that, my MAIN MAIN concern for today is my Clown Loaches. I was fooled by a pet store into thinking my tank was 30 gal, and I had a couple other pet shop owners tell me that the loaches will be fine 'til they reach about 5 inches, and then I should move them to at least a 40gal. What do you think?

These loaches are definitely the life of the tank. I love the way they swim, and I couldn't be happier with them. I also want to get some loaches with a similar swim style that would safely fit in my 18.7 gal tank.

Please watch my video and give me some feedback on my brown algae problem and the loaches!

Peace!

Back
Top Bottom