My new babies :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh nice! Yea the bigger the better! I'm new to fish keeping I'm loving it! I love my fishes so much hehe.. :)

welcome to the hobby! Just something to think about is that clown loaches (Millie) get to be 1 foot long. This needs they need a very large tank, so that is something to consider. I believe the minimum tank size for them is 125 gallons.

Sorry I got it wrong I got confuse with the liter n gallon.. Duhh?? Lol :p I have 13 gallon ( UK meter) n 16 gallon in US meter :)

Oh I think u r right the lady told me earlier they get big but she let me have Millie any way :( what am gonna do now? Will she eat all the smaller fish??

Danii said:
Oh I think u r right the lady told me earlier they get big but she let me have Millie any way :( what am gonna do now? Will she eat all the smaller fish??

Clown loaches are peaceful fish and shouldn't bother any of your other fish, it's just as someone already pointed out they grow to 12 or 18 inches and have been known to live for 30years or more in captivity. You're either going to need a bigger tank:) (perfect excuse....i mean reason!!) or you'll eventually have to rehome your loach:(

greetings.

unfortunately clown loaches are not a beginner fish. they are very sensitive to water quality changes, need to be kept in groups and need a large tank. 200L+ minimum. they get stressed out easily too, from what i've read.

you sould always read about what fish you are buying, in some cases even carefully check if the species is labeled correctly. aquarium stores rarely tell you all that is important about the fish you are looking to buy.

here is some reading about the clown loach: Clown Loach (Chromobotia macracanthus) — Loaches Online

sincerely,
nereksnad.

+1 to the above. Unfortunately your tank size is way too small for one clown, let alone a group (they are group fish and feel more secure in groups; one alone will likely get stressed). They get large and need a LARGE tank, 125+ gals for a group of adults. Is your tank cycled? You might want to rehome or return the fish until you can get a large enough setup for it; when fish try to grow in a tank that's too small for them they can go through something called stunting which is painful for the fish. Sorry to give you the bad news; LFS are most concerned about making a sale, so their advice can't be trusted.

Here's a link on general aquarium care, including cycling, assuming this is a new tank: https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/

Thanks for the advice :) I will give Millie back to the shop n see if I can get a different fish n i learn my lesson now I'll make sure next time i get my fish that they are suitable for my fish tank :) thanks guys! :)

Back
Top Bottom