New 26 gal bowfront stocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcsport

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I've have my 6 gal Eclipse for 6 months now. A few days ago I bought a new 26 gal bowfront. I have it cycling now and am trying to decide on what fish to stock. I will be moving the fish in the 6 gal to the 26 they are 1 cory cat, 1 otto, 1 micky mouse platty, 1 neon tetra, 1 head light tetra, and 3 ghost shrimp.
I would like to have some Dwarf Gouramis, Clown loaches, Cory Cats and a red tail shark. What types of problems if any will I have with this mix?
And if there will be problem what would you advise to get? Thanks for any help.

Clown loaches get too large for a 26g tank, so you'll have to count them out. Same for the red tail shark.

Also, if you plan on keeping the fish from the 6g, you should increase the schooling fish to make them happier. Increase the neons and head and tailights to 6, the cories to 6, the otos to 4, and get a couple more micky mouse platies. The platies aren't schooling, but they would enjoy the company of their own.

With the numbers of fish where they should be, that only leaves room for maybe one dwarf gourami.

So you are looking at:
6 neons
6 head and tailights
6 cories
4 otos
3-4 platies
1 dwarf gouarmi

That stock is actually pushing the limits I think...so I wouldn't add anymore than that.

Welcome to the site by the way! I'm glad you are moving those fish from the 6g...it is too small for them!

Back
Top Bottom