New reading help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steo the great said:
Hey no it didnt change for the first week the every 3 days and then last night it dropped from 4 to 0 so I'll check again tomorrow. But never seen nitrites. But hadn't been testing everyday?

Oh and thanks about the tank.

I can't remember all the details with this...but did you have a lot of established media you added? If so, it's normal to not see any nitrItes while it cycles. Basically they're converted as soon as they're created and turn right into nitrAtes. I'd dose the tank up to around 2ppm and see what the results are this time tomorrow. If ammo and no2 are zero...you're good to go. If not, we've got some more cycling to do.

eco23 said:
I can't remember all the details with this...but did you have a lot of established media you added? If so, it's normal to not see any nitrItes while it cycles. Basically they're converted as soon as they're created and turn right into nitrAtes. I'd dose the tank up to around 2ppm and see what the results are this time tomorrow. If ammo and no2 are zero...you're good to go. If not, we've got some more cycling to do.

No I cleaned it out and started from scratch but maybe some of the filter bacteria stayed around.

Ok I'll check tomorrow and update you then thanks.

Back
Top Bottom