The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baldrics slug

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I am a complete newbie concerning aquariums, so apologies if these questions have already been asked.

I have just purchased a 110L aquarium with a 400l/h filter system. Have been cycling without fish for the past few days and am looking to put in some hardy fish to get things going.

First question: I am looking to buy some Danios for the tank. Are these suitable hardy fish to get things going or what is recommended?

Secondly, I am in the future looking stock a variety of fish.. Can anyone from the UK recommend a make of mini food pellet that is suitable for all types of fish and can be used in an Juwel automatic feeder? I have been told not to use flake as this gets damp and then will not dispense from the feeder.

Thanks!

Danios should be fine. I'm not familiar with that brand of automatic feeder but Hikari mini pellets are excellent super tiny pellets for small community fish. I've used it as the staple for all my freshwater fish for over a decade.

Also platys or guppies are a good fish to cycle with as well if you want something with color.

Back
Top Bottom