newbie question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfriendly94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i just got my first tank. the person at pet store said he hs had aquariums for 30years and never cycled a tank. told me i didn't need to do it. i belived him. so now i have 5 fish in a tank that was not cycled. i have had three of them for a week and got two more today. they all seen to be doing fine. so now after browsing the internet I'm freaked out. are all my new fish going to die!!!!!. 911 please help!!!!!

Yeah not sure then just message we in a week I'm very interested to see how this will go

Go to the "Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started" section and look for the Stickies. In there you should find numerous articles about cycling and getting started. Read up. Lots of info there.
In the mean time, get a decent water conditioner such as Prime. Get a test kit such as API Master Freshwater. This is a liquid test kit and not the strips. Both are typically cheaper online. You will possibly be doing partial water changes on a daily basis to keep the ammonia below lethal limits. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom