Okay nearing the end of my cycle and thinking of the future.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcrazypants05

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yea...... So I'm nearing the end of my cycle it looks like. I've done 35% or more water changes like 3 times in the past week. maybe 4... Anyway. I'm thinkin about what fish I wanna get after my cycle has completed. Right now I'm thinking of getting 2-3 more of the giant danios. Theres some at a LFS around here that are 3-4in and some that are in another tank that are 4-6 inches. I was thinking of getting 3 of the 5 inch ones. Mine right now are about 3½-4inches. Do you guys think they would be alright with a few 5 inch giant danios? Also, I'm probably getting rid of the 2 neons and might be getting a separate tank for the dragonfish, or getting rid of them as well. So, what do you guys think would go good with my 2 pleco's, 1 peacock eel, and 4 (soon maybe 7-8??) giant danios?

It sounds like all those giant danio's will overstock your tank..
how big do they get at adulthood? that would be 40 inches of fish if they only get 5inches long.. what type of pleco's do you have.. commons are really too big for your tank. and how big will the peacock eel get?

Once you start stocking the tank, the peacock will pretty much just burrow at all times. They don't produce much waste, therefore shouldn't be counted completly towards the count of inches. For the pleco's, you can keep two, but choose smaller ones like the BN or rubbermouth pleco. With 8 Giant Danios you're looking at about 32 inches of fish. Then if you choose 2 BN pleco's, you're looking at 9 more inches. You'll be fine with the 8 Danios, 2 pleco's (as long as they are the smaller ones) and the eel.

Back
Top Bottom