Setting up 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm plannin g on setting up another 55 gallon (4 foot long) community tank. The substrate will be sand and it will have plants (fake) and rocks.
Besides the catfish(cories and bristlenose) I plan on having some angels,a small school of serpae and 3 smaller clown loaches. I want some livebearers (young to be used as food) and some other fish.
What livebearers would you suggest that would be productive and add color. What other fish would you include if you were setting up the tank ?

if you're using them as a food source, i'd go for fancy tailed guppies or dalmation mollies. They breed like crazy and still look okay.

mfdrookie516..........I have the mbuna tank set up already

Flake.........I'm afraid thnat if I put guppies in they would get eaten. I was thinking black mollies (as in orange sailfin). Are the dalmation more productive than the black ?

My dalmations have yet to reproduce ( i may have gotten males, who knows, i didn;t pick based on gender) and my black mollies are filling my sw tank with fry :)

I dont know if thats any basis of rate or reproduction, but my blacks seem to be doing better than my dalmations. I think the dalmations are more interesting to look at though. :)

guppies for the most part would be fine if you want them. clown loaches do best in schools. also they are slow growers but get too large for a 55 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom