Starting 20-gal aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowpuffraven

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there. Looking for some advice on starting a 20-gal (possibly up to 38-gal) aquarium. I've been talking to some of my friends that work at pet stores and reading various articles on the Interwebs, but I still don't feel like I have sufficient information.

Here are some fish that I want -- I know some of them can't mix, but I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out with possible combinations to go with a few of these guys.

Red tail shark
Fiddler crab
Dwarf pufferfish
Pleco
Eel (maybe?)

Also, what's a good schooling fish? I want to get as many as possible so there will be a nice big school of them in my tank.

And any other advice you have for me if more than welcome.
XX, Emily

Well the shark needs at least a 50g tank, The puffers don't seem to like other fish the fiddler crab isn't a fully aquatic crab and needs some shore line crawl out of the water on. They are also brackish and require water with some salt added to it. You can put plecos in with pretty much anything and they will do great but depending on the type they can get big fast and can easily out grow a even a 38g tank either a bristol or bushy nose pleco would be best for a 37g tank
There are lots of good schooling fish but you don't want to over stock your tank either. So I guess the next question is are you looking for a calm community tank Semi-agressive or agressive? That will change your fish choices a tun.

Back
Top Bottom