Stockin 55 Gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cconnel1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
looking for some ideas to stock my 55 gallon tank. i want a community of tropical fish that are pretty active and not to aggressive....i was hoping to have a pair or 3 of one kind of fish that gets a little bigger....

I have 3 male Platy's in my tank and they are hilarious to watch. I have a Red Wag, Sunburst and a Blue Platy. There is a female delmation Molly in there too and she follows the Red Wag Platy everywhere and copies everything he does...lol. I could sit and watch these guys all day. lol

I'm a big fan of my 3 pearl gouramis in my 55. If you can manage to get 2 females and 1 male it's a peaceful combo. They don't bother the other smaller fish and only occasionally chased each other away when I first got them.

Dwarf Gouramis with platys and/or guppies maybe with some corys. Mollys maybe or even swordtails. You could have a big school as an option. Swordtails can reach 4.7 inches so that should be big. Just be warned that if you have livebearers like swordtails,platys,guppies,mollies, and some other livebearers you will have lots of fry unless you keep only one gender.

Back
Top Bottom