Stocking a 98l

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bitsy1603

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
I'm still figuring out the cycling of my tank but planning what will go in eventually. I'm not going to add all these at once. Being new to the hobby is like your opinions.. Introducing in this order...

6 zebra danio
3-4 cory habrosus (or another small sort!)
3 fancy guppy
2 rainbowfish
A snail or two for algae control
1 kribensis (I thought about an angel but apparently they're a bit of a meany! So kribensis or blue ram was another option?!)

What do you think?!

I really want variety and colour and have tried to use compatibility charts to find fish who will be happy together.

I have 4 zebra danio in at the moment. I'd bought 6 but two were skinny and died :-(

I thought I should replace these once the tank is safe as they're happier in that sort of number.

Would I have room for a third rainbow? Again I know my tank is a bit on the small side for them but I love them most!

I think Kribs are just as mean as Angelfish if not more so. I've had both, but the did not want any other fish around them whether they were breeding or not. My angelfish were peaceful towards most other fish in the tank including rams. My angelfish did not like sharing space with pearl gouramis though.

I would advise against rainbows, they are both schooling fish and get stressed out in tanks that are short like a 20.

The aggressive angels are very fish specific. Some can be aggressive while some aren't. Just give it a try and start with a young fish.

Ok so no rainbows, they're so beautiful but I couldn't stress them out by keeping them in too small a space. So instead I'm going for 6 male guppies at the moment with 3-4 small (dwarf) corys to go with the 4 danios, I'll get 2 more danios if the 4 seem unhappy or troublesome in a small group. Then I'd like couple of larger fish but still not sure what... I like colour!

Ok so no rainbows, they're so beautiful but I couldn't stress them out by keeping them in too small a space. So instead I'm going for 6 male guppies at the moment with 3-4 small (dwarf) corys to go with the 4 danios, I'll get 2 more danios if the 4 seem unhappy or troublesome in a small group. Then I'd like couple of larger fish but still not sure what... I like colour!

A dwarf gourami is a very colorful fish. Especially the powder blue ones.

I agree dwarfs are pretty and would make a nice addition to your tank here's a pic of mine he has a couple of vertical orangish stripes when under the light! Cool colorful fish
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402165026.502688.jpg

Back
Top Bottom